$15.49 – $175.95
High-quality Laboratory Grade Agar for Mushroom Cultivation
- PERFECTLY BALANCED: Our recipe is designed to provide a balanced source of nutrients required for growing mycelium.
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY: Our pre-poured agar plates are a perfectly balanced nutrient-rich growing medium that will save you time and money vs pouring your own plates.
- GENETIC ISOLATION: Agar plates can be used for isolating mushroom genetics by taking a tissue sample from a donor mushroom. The mycelium will grow and may be further isolated or transferred to grain bags.
- SPORES TO AGAR: Agar is a great medium to clean up spore prints and germinate spore swabs. Easily remove contaminates and isolate healthy mycelium.
- STERILIZED AND READY TO USE: Our agar plates will arrive sterile and in ready-to-use condition.
Pre-poured agar plates for fungal cultures and contamination detection.
These agar plates provide a perfectly balanced nutrient-rich base with gelatinous agar for mushroom cultures. Available in both Potato Dextrose Agar (PDA) and Malt Extract Agar (MEA) formulas, these pre-poured agar plates are ideal for spore germination and culture sample transfers.
Ready to use Malt Extract Agar or Potato Dextrose Agar Plates.
Highest quality Laboratory Grade Agar available!
HOW TO USE OUR AGAR DISHES
- We recommend that unopened plates are refrigerated (not frozen) so they last longer Plates should be used within 30 days.
- When ready to use, remove the Petri dishes from the refrigerator and let them warm up to room temperature for about 30min to 1hr.
- Add samples to the plates
- Close the lid and turn the plate upside down so that the lid is on the bottom and agar is on the top.
- Incubate plates at about 65-77°F, and keep a thermometer nearby to monitor the temperature.
- Fungal colonies should be visible in several days.