Malt Extract Agar with Activated Carbon
$20.49 – $140.50
Malt Extract Agar with Activated Carbon “Black Agar” Petri dishes
Black agar plates not only look great by providing exceptional contrast against growing mycelium but Active Carbon is also known for its natural antibiotic properties. Each plate is coated with a thick layer of agar perfect for fungal growth! No autoclave or pouring is required. Ready to use Agar Petri Dishes.
What is Black Agar?
Black agar, aka MEAAC, is a nutrient-rich agar medium that has been dyed to a black color using activated charcoal powder. The black color offers exceptional contrast to growing mycelium helping cultivators to more easily observe mycelial growth.
What is Activated Charcoal aka Activated Carbon?
Activated charcoal AKA Activated Carbon is a fine porous black powder that is derived from organic materials such as hardwoods. To process Activated Charcoal, these organic materials are treated at high temperatures to break down the matter and increase the pore size.
Black Agar available in both Malt Extract or Potato Dextrose formulas.
Instructions for use:
1. We recommend that unopened plates are refrigerated (not frozen) so they last longer Plates should be used within 30 days.
2. When ready to use, remove the petri dishes from the refrigerator and let them warm up to room temperature for about 30min to 1hr.
3. Add samples to the plates
4. Close the lid and turn the plate upside down so that the lid is on the bottom and agar is on the top.
5. Incubate plates at about 65-77°F, and keep a thermometer nearby to monitor the temperature.
6. Fungal colonies should be visible in several days.
|Dimensions||12 × 5 × 5 in|